How to Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are caused due over exerting oneself during a bowel movement. The discomfort and bleeding can be a real torture in many cases. But thankfully, can be prevented and also cured. One of the easiest ways to it is to eat more fiber and drink more water as stools come out easier when they're full and moist. But in cases where the pain and discomfort is extreme a doctor should be consulted immediately.
Some methods to get rid of hemorrhoids
Treatment of hemorrhoids is a two method process. Firstly, we have to get rid shrink the symptoms of burning, itching, and pain. And secondly, the hemorrhoid
itself has to be shrunk.
1. Healing the symptoms
There are various creams and ointments available in the market, which help in relieving the pain, itching and burning. Some medicines also target particular
areas like there are different ointments for pain, another for burning etc. While there are also the tropical creams, which work well overall. Another common
Hemorrhoids remedy that helps to curb swelling of irritated hemorrhoidal tissues are Hemorrhoids creams. It also gives immediate and temporary relief from
the painful burning, itching and discomfort of hemorrhoids.
2. Shrinking the hemorrhoid
There are specially designed tubs called Sitz Bath available at leading medical stores. This is a small tub and is specially designed to allow the soaking of
hemorrhoids without taking a bath. In this process the rectal area is soaked in hot water for 15-20 minutes about 3-4 times a day. Not only does this helps
relieve symptoms but also aids shrinkage of the hemorrhoid.
3. Eating habits and physical activities
Eating fruits like oranges, apples, bananas, prunes, grapefruits, mangoes, watermelon, grapes and cherries enhances the digestion process. Food products like
bread, white flour products, and sodas should be avoided as they lead to constipation. Physical activities like running, walking, swimming etc. should be
added to your daily regime.
4. Apply ice packs on the affected areas.
5. Sitz bath, which is a small tub and is specially designed to allow the soaking of hemorrhoids without taking a bath. In this process the rectal area is
soaked in hot water for 15-20 minutes about 3-4 times a day. Not only does this help relieve symptoms but also aids shrinkage of the hemorrhoids.
Surgical procedure for getting rid of Hemorrhoid-
Three surgical procedures to remove external hemorrhoids are-
a) laser coagulation- The hemorrhoid is clotted with an electric probe which makes it shrink.
b) Infrared photocoagulation- The hemorrhoid is clotted with infrared light to make it shrinks.
c) Hemorrhoidectomy- Complete removal of the hemorrhoid.
Treatment for internal Hemorrhoids remedy
1. Rubber Band Ligation - In this process a small rubber band is placed at the base of the internal hemorrhoid.
2. Injection Sclerotherapy - A chemical solution is injected into the mucous membrane near the hemorrhoid resulting in inflammation and closure of the veins, thereby shrinking the hemorrhoid.
3. Infrared Photocoagulation - An infrared is directed to clot the dilated veins of the hemorrhoid.
4. Laser Coagulation - An electric current is applied to the hemorrhoids triggering a chemical reaction that shuts down the blood supply in the hemorrhoid and causes the inflamed tissue to shrink.
5. Hemorrhoidectomy - Here the hemorrhoid groups are surgically removed with a scalpel, cattery device or laser.