Research Your Quit Smoking Aids Well
Research Your Quit Smoking Aids Well – Your Success Depends On Your Choice
Millions die of smoking-induced lung cancer and heart problems every year. At the same time, millions try to get rid of the habit every year with varied degrees of success. A lot of this success or failure is owed to the type of quit smoking aids chosen.
What Are The Choices You Have?
Since the dependency on nicotine is difficult to fight, you need to have all the support you can get; and in order to get the best support, you need to know what is available for you. Therefore, before you start your quit smoking exercise, check out what is available to you.
1. The nicotine patch – this is one of the popular quit smoking aids because it is easy to use and quite effective in fighting off the habit. People love to use this method because it means that they do not have to worry about taking medication or withdrawal symptoms.
2. The nicotine gum – this has the same ingredients as the nicotine patch but it is used differently. While the nicotine patch is pasted on the skin and left to work at its own pace, the nicotine gum is used as and when the craving for cigarette is felt. This works in two ways – (i) it reduces the dependency on the nicotine, and (ii) it replaces the cigarette smoking habit with that of chewing which some people find very helpful and calming.
3. The stop-smoking tea – this is one of the popular natural quit smoking aids available in the market. Its popularity is owed to its fast action and lack of side effects. There are cases where the smoker could get rid of his/ her habit within a week with the stop-smoking tea. The tea has one hundred percent herbal ingredients and is comparatively low in cost.
4. The nicotine-free cigarettes – this looks and even smells like the real cigarettes. However, they contain no nicotine. These quit smoking aids are best for the people who are highly addicted to the habit and have associated smoking with bowel movements and/ or sleep. This type of aid would need to be supplemented by medication that fights the ensuing withdrawal symptoms.
5. Counseling – this is one of the most critical quit smoking aids that most smokers ignore. In order to be successful you would need to know what you should expect when you stop smoking. What are the withdrawal symptoms? How best to handle these? What are the medications available? How long does it take to get rid of the habit? These are only some of the questions that counseling would provide.